RDMA's 2014!

Hey Y'all!
My friend Jessica and I were lucky enough to be able to go to Los Angeles for the Radio Disney Music Awards on April 26th. We got so excited as the downtown buildings came into view. We arrived in the parking structure for the Nokia Theatre, right next to the Staples Center and parked in section "R-5". (Remember this for later.) We went upstairs to the plaza and "Ardy's Pre-Show Party" was in full swing. We grabbed some food at SmashBurger and went into the party. I spotted Aubrey Miller from Austin and Ally along with a few other young celebs like Eden Wood from "Toddlers and Tiaras". I attempted to say hi. After watching Meghan Nicole perform, we decided to head inside the arena to our seats. The doors closed half an hour before the taping started so they file in the celebrities! They instructed us to scream and clap and they took a few shots of the crowd. R5 was the first to perform. After, I got an unexpected serving of feels. Throughout the whole show, there were performances by Fifth Harmony (Miss Moving On), Ariana Grande (debuting "Problem"), Becky G (Can't Get Enough), Austin Mahone (Mmm Yeah), Zendaya (Replay), and the show was closed by the amazing 11 year old, Aaliyah Rose (Let It Go). Shakira was honored with the Hero For Change Award, which then she brought up the kid winners of the same award. All of their stories were so inspiring. After Aaliyah closed the show, we started to clear out and in the lobby we saw Aubrey, Eden and friends again! This time we were determined to get a picture and we did! We started walking out to go to our car and through the windows of the arena, I saw Ratliff's parents! ( Drummer from R5 ) I was hoping they would look out of the window so I could wave but they didn't. We walked to the back of the building and fans were all standing there. Brandon and Savannah came out and I said hi and right after, Rydel came out!!!!! She took a picture with someone and then walked in to the garage. We followed her in and asked for a picture and she said yes! Brandon even photobombed us! I still can't get over the fact that we met Rydel! We saw the boys lead Ratliff up the stairs blindfolded but they didn't come down. Which was strange because there was no parking up there. We then went down to our car and sat there trying to figure out where to eat. We decided to go back up to the YardHouse. As we walked across the street, I spotted Becky G.!!!!!! I was about to get a picture but she was leaving with her family. We were actually walking behind her too because we were headed the same direction. We walked into the YardHouse and when we got in, I saw Aubrey Miller again! She remembered me and smiled. She was so nice! We sat outside to eat and after taking some pictures, Jessie spotted Calum Worthy, Laura Marano, and Raini Rodriguez walking past us! We couldn't believe it! After we finished eating at the YardHouse, we went back to the car and started home. The next day on instagram, Ratliff's mother, Cheryl posted a picture with the caption "Look where we parked for the RDMA's!" ... It was in section R-5... Told ya to remember that for later. I had such an amazing time at the RDMA's and Jessica and I will be back there next year for sure! I'm so happy I got to experience such an amazing event and with my best friend!

See you next time! -Jillian

P.S. If you want me to do a Q&A blog or video comment below with questions or suggest something for future posts. Thanks!

Jessica's Blog: www.heyitsjessicarae.blogspot.com


 Ardy's Pre-Show Party

 R5 performing "(I Can't) Forget About You"

Jessica, Eden Wood and I

 Jessica, Aubrey Miller and I

Me, Rydel and Jessica (Photo bombed by Brandon)

 The Boys of R5 leading a blindfolded Ratliff up the stairs

 RDMA's Outfit

Parking Section "R-5"

Comments

Popular Posts