4 Concerts, 1 Week

Hey everyone,

Recently I went to four concerts in the span of a week.. You know, typical me.. And I wanted to share a little bit about my experiences with you guys.


wearing my merch per usual


First up: The Driver Era (formerly R5)

If you know me, you know that I have been a fan of their's for quite a while. You also may know that I always go to their shows with one of my best friends, Lheanna. We don't live in the same city anymore so we met up in L.A. for this special show they had. We had meet and greet and I almost missed it. I was getting near the exit I was going to take off the freeway, when Lheanna was calling me, telling me that they were already checking people in. It ended up being fine. I found parking and literally ran down the street to the line outside of The Fonda to find that we were approximately 15-20 people away from entering the venue.

Lheanna had me to go meet the boys first and about 7 years later, they officially recognized me without seeing Lheanna first! Wowwww!

But in all seriousness, they're super kind and always ask how I'm doing and I do the same in return. I always enjoy the little conversations I get to have with them. This was also their big introduction show as The Driver Era.

tde


Lheanna and I have had some rough experiences in the pit of an R5 show, but we've also had some of the best experiences. For this show, we decided to completely enjoy our night to the best of our abilities, which we did by standing in the back during the whole show. It was amazing. We even went upstairs and found that the venue has a cool outdoor patio near the balcony seats. I'm a really big fan of The Driver Era's new music and the vibe of their shows is always the best.





Second: Khalid

Two days after TDE, my boyfriend and I got tickets for the Khalid concert and we got to be on the floor in a GA pit for an arena show. I've been on the floor for an arena show before but in seats, not GA. So this was a new experience for me. I had also never seen him perform before but I've always wanted to. So this was a check off the concert bucket list.





Khalid's voice is so angelic so the show was amazing and his Free Spirit album had recently come out so it was great to hear those songs live. His set design was also gorgeous by the way. Such a great vibe for a show, it was a dream.

Third: LANY

A day in a half later, Lheanna and I had another concert lined up in Anaheim. It was another band we love, LANY. I drove my friend Shelby and I up to meet Lheanna again at the House of Blues in Anaheim. We went to the Cheesecake Factory before hand and then headed over to get in line at the venue. When we got inside, there were so many people, we couldn't find a decent place to stand so that we could see. The pit was jam packed and the only standing areas available were along side the bars. We saw that they had sectioned off areas with tables, chairs and couches. We then went on to investigate because we really wanted to find a nice place to enjoy the show.

Long story short, we upgraded and sat upstairs in comfy chairs with a direct view of the entire stage. Of course they were amazing, as always and we left already wishing we could see them again.





One day later... Lheanna and I bought cheap seats for LANY's show at the Greek Theatre.

Fourth: LANY (pt. 2)

I bought super super cheap seats for LANY's Greek show and convinced my boyfriend to come along if I drove. Best last minute decision we've made so far. We met up with Lheanna in L.A. again at the Grove like we do the majority of the time we go to events together. Ate at Cheesecake, our normal spot, and picked up some macarons from Ladurée. It was another great night seeing LANY and getting my boyfriend into their music was a plus.





So in about a week I had quite the adventure, seeing some of my favorite artists with some of my favorite people.


- Jillian

instagram: @jkyinthesky
latest youtube video: STAGECOACH 2019 vlog | https://youtu.be/phAFeurSaKY

Comments

Popular Posts