Disney Tips #2: Drinks

Since renewing my pass in October, I’ve been able to try a lot of new restaurants and attractions at Disneyland and California Adventure.  Since turning 21, I have also been able to try some of the adult beverages in the parks. My boyfriend and I have been to a few of the places that serve alcohol and have come to find what we would consider some of our regular drinks at the parks. With his help in this post, we will be sharing our reviews of some of the drinks we've tried, as well as some tips for enjoying the alcoholic beverages at Disneyland and California Adventure.

Fun Fact: Since turning 21, I have only had alcohol in a bar or restaurant that was in one of the Disney parks or hotels.

1.) Lamplight Lounge
Located at Pixar Pier in California Adventure

What I Got: Open Ocean with a Splash

This drink tastes just like a blue raspberry slushy and it's so good. The only thing is, since it's frozen and blended, it melts fast into a more syrup-like liquid. It's a sweet drink but since it's frozen, it's not too much. I've only ever had amazing service at Lamplight and it's one of our go-to spots. 

Rating: 4.5/5

What Damian Got: Over Budget

It's like a mule and has a good amount of ginger flavor but was also kind of sweet. This drink is good but comes with too much ice. I'd give it a ratio of 45% drink and 55% ice.

Rating: 4/5

Tip#1: The old Ariel's Grotto menu is now the secret menu at Lamplight. So, if you have an old favorite or want to look at other options, the Grotto's menu is still available.


Lamplight Menu

Our Drinks

2.) Carthay Circle Lounge
Located on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure

What I Got: Pimm's Punch 

This is one of the best drinks I've ever had. Because of the lemonade, It was refreshing yet sweet. I didn't know if I would be a fan of gin but the waiter told me that it was one of the sweeter drinks on the menu. The waiter was very helpful when I was trying to find a drink that I could enjoy.

Rating: 4.5/5

What Damian Got: Moscow Mule

I went off the menu and asked for a mule. I didn't see it on the menu but I was looking for one at the time. The waiter told me it was a full service bar and they could make anything that I wanted. So I started with the mules. Yes... plural. It was really good and you could taste the ginger in it which made it very refreshing. Everything from the drink to the service was amazing. 

Rating: 4.7/5

Tip #2: Carthay is a full service bar so if you're not in the mood for something on the menu, they are able to make whatever you'd like. Also, going later in the day towards park closing results in a shorter wait to be seated. 

Our Drinks

Pimm's Punch Ingredients 

3.) Oga's Cantina
Located in Galaxy's Edge in the Disneyland Park

What I Got: Fuzzy Tauntaun

I loved this drink. I normally tend to go for drinks that are more sweet and this tasted just like fruit juice. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the foam that came on top. I was advised that it would make your mouth tingle and it really did. It was fun at first but it had a sour flavor to it that distracted me from the sweetness that I wanted. Eventually I wanted to ditch the foam that I would get in every sip and just enjoy the drink. I used a straw to get around it the best that I could. The drink itself wasn't too strong and I loved the tropical flavors.

Rating: 3.7/5

What Damian Got: Dagobah Slug Slinger 

Oga's doesn't hold back... It feels more like a real bar. It's loud, busy, and there are few places to sit. The Slug Slinger wasn't a bad drink but compared to the rest of the Disney drink's I've had, it felt pretty strong. It's the first drink I've had there that didn't go down like juice.

Rating: 2.4/5

Tip #3: Make reservations as early as possible because they don't accept walk-ins. Also, when in line to check in, ask for a booth if that's what you prefer. Otherwise you could end up at a standing table. (They don't always ask you if you'd like that option but it is available upon request. You just may wait a few extra minutes.)

Grub from Oga's

The Cantina Menu


Disney goes all out and it shows. It's been a blast getting to try all these new places that didn't exist the last time that I had my pass. There's always something new to try and I'm excited to go back soon! If you have any tips let us know! Have you found a favorite drink in the Disney Parks?

More Disney tips are on the way!

See ya real soon!

- Jillian & Damian


latest youtube video: spending my 21st at disney vlog | https://youtu.be/LSZv_s2ZMPo
instagram: @jkyinthesky

Comments

Popular Posts