Must Haves: Summer Accessories

Hey y'all!
This week I'm going to share woth you my Must Haves for summer accessories. On my trip to Hawaii, I relized how important some pieces are to me so I decided it would be neat to show you my favorites as well as those dear to my heart. Maybe you will get some inspiration on different pieces you can wear to different events. Let's get started!

My everyday necklace that I never take off is my cross. My grandfather gave it to me when I was a baby and I found it when I was in second grade. The other charm says "Believe". That charm was given to me by my aunt after my other grandfather's funeral. I bet now you can see why I never take these off. I have broken many chains over the years but I normally get a new one from jc penny's.


This next piece is one of my new favorites. It's an anklet I just recently got in Hawaii in a town called Koloa on the island of Kauai. It's made out of the most special and well known wood in all of Hawaii. I love neutral colors in wood and the turtle is just adorable! I normally wear this with shorts becasue jeans would just cover it up. But my favorite way to wear this anklet is with a dress!



Another Summer piece I love is my St. Christopher. They are known to protect you during adventure and travel and isn't that what summer is for?! I actually have two but I just recently got this one in Kauai in Koloa town and this chain is a little shorter and the charm is very small. (If not smaller, then the size of a dime.)


For sunglasses, I have a few favorites. Ever since maybe the 6th grade, I've loved all different types of sunglasses. Besides protecting your eyes, they make you feel fashionable and you can people watch! (One of my hobbys. It's not weird..) Here are my favorites for this summer.
Top to Bottom: Swap Meet, Swap Meet, Vintage pair of Vans, Forever21, Urban Outfitters


I love wearing baseball caps. They add a hint of tomboy essence to any outfit. It's up to you if you'd wear one with a dress but I love to match mine with a tank top and some shorts. Another plus is that baseball is one of my favorite sports! Here's an example of how I added a baseball cap to my outfit...



Another one of my favorite necklaces is my Taylor Mathews Ukulele necklace. Taylor sold them on his tour and when he came to my show, my dad bought one each for me, my mom and him so we could wear them on our trip to Hawaii. I love this piece because it reminds me of summer and my first time in Hawaii! (The little bottle has a little scroll with a verse from one of Taylor's songs that he actually plays the ukulele in.) (You can buy his necklaces on his website, taylormathewsmusic.com)


Finally, another cute necklace is this one I picked up in Kauai. This is also made out of Koa Wood. I love the agriculture in Hawaii and so this little necklace reminds me of the beautiful landscape. I really like this necklace because it's on a chord that tightens so you can basically turn it into a choker and layer it with other pieces so it's one of my favorites.


I hope you enjoyed reading about my Must Haves for summer jewelry! Check back next week for a new Lookbook! *Special Edition* Let me know in the comments if you like this post and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
- Jillian

Comments

Popular Posts