Creating Good Vibes Through Music

If you happen to know me personally, you may know how important I find music to be. I'm constantly adjusting playlists on Spotify and trying to find new songs to become obsessed with. I recently started a new playlist called "2018" where I've been collecting songs that I can listen to in order to feel good this year. Songs that inspire me, serve as reminders and that boost my mood. Plus a few jams here and there to embrace when they come on shuffle. 

I have over 30 playlists on Spotify right now. I have some for different moods and feelings. I have some for certain times of the year. I have some with a certain artist and other similar people all put into one playlist. I have some for different genres. And I even have one with over 300 songs that I like so that I can just let it play. I like being able to organize songs and put them into a certain category so if I'm feeling a certain way, I know which playlist I should turn on.

The first song that I needed to put on my 2018 playlist was "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World. I heard it on the radio and I was really paying attention to the lyrics when I felt like the song was saying something that I really needed to hear, especially around this point in my life. 

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in you feel left out or looked down on
Just try your best, try everything you can
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away

It just takes some time,
Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine,
Everything, everything will be alright, alright"

I took it as a little reminder that everything takes time and that I'm in the middle of the ride! I've been needing that reminder that things will be ok and that as long as I try my best at whatever it is that I'm doing, I'll end up exactly where I'm supposed to. Another song that I chose to be included on this playlist is "More Than You Know" by Axwell /\ Ingrosso. This song gets me so hyped. A good hype song is definitely a mood booster for me.

And finally, I decided to add to "2018" is "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" by Shawn Mendes. Whenever I hear this song, I not only feel hyped up, but I also feel free. The lyrics and the passion from this song make me feel like I can do anything. And those are the kinds of vibes that I'm trying to fill my 2018 with. 

"Oh, I've been shaking
I love it when you go crazy
You take all my inhibitions
Baby, there's nothing holdin' me back

You take me places that tear up my reputation
Manipulate my decisions
Baby, there's nothing holdin' me back"

(The song is really upbeat if you haven't heard it before. It's great.)




My plan is to eventually fill this playlist with songs that I feel improve my mood and remind me to breathe and find little things in everyday that make me happy. I'm trying to really take advantage of how powerful music is, in order to improve my well being and also to discover new music in general. If you have any suggestions for different artists or songs that I should listen to, please share them with me!

Till next time, I'll be jammin'

- Jillian


Spotify: @jkyinthesky
Instagram: @jillianybarra/@jkyinthesky
Latest YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/qGSs4kaUvTE

Comments

Popular Posts