Taylor Mathews House Concert!

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to recap my experience with my dear friend, Taylor Mathews. I first met Taylor on R5's Loud Tour in 2013. I was following him on twitter and in January he posted some tour dates for his Making It Up As We Go Tour. I saw one in my area so my parents were nice enough to take me and my friend Jessica. (Mentioned in previous posts.) At that show, we found out that we could put one on ourselves during the Making it Up As We Go Tour Pt. 2 and I've been planning ever since. I bet you are a little confused about the term "House Show'. A House Show is when Taylor comes to someone's house and performs for them and whoever they wish to invite. It's a very intimate show where you get to hang out and really get to know the artist. I chose to have a slight theme which was "Vintage Hawaiian". It was very subtle. I made a Polaroid Photo Booth for guests to take pictures with decorated props. Another feature was my back drop. I hand painted a canvas tarp to look like a curtain with free handed hibiscus flowers scattered all over. (With help from Jessie.) To add to my theme, I had a lei garland draped along the fence with glowing balloons. Plus, my mom came up with a genius idea to get mason jars and make labels presenting the house show. Also, I met another amazing performer at the other house show I went to and his name is Kyle Reynolds. I was lucky enough to be able to have him perform before Taylor at mine. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to host my own house show and I totally recommend you guys to check out Taylor Mathews and Kyle Reynolds. They are wonderful performers and just amazing people all around.

Here are some pictures form my house show to give you an idea about what went on.


Kyle Reynolds

Taylor Mathews

Kyle and I

Taylor and I

Photo booth fun!

Photo booth fun Part 2!


The Mason Jars
(Photo Creds goes to both Taylor and Zuri)


Group shot!
(Zuri, Clare, Kaylynn, Me, Jessie, Kyle, and Taylor)



I'm so happy I got to host a house show and be apart of helping some of my favorite artists' futures. I can't wait to watch them grow and make a difference in the music community. It was truly a night I will never forget.

Don't forget to check out both Taylor Mathews and Kyle's music. I'm also proud to announce that they both have new music on the way!

P.S. A round of applause and big thanks to...
My Aunt Michelle and Uncle David for letting me borrow their house.
My mom Kim for helping me with the planning and prep and also being the pro photographer that she is.
One of my Bestest Friends in the entire world, Jessica for helping me the day before with all of the heavy lifting and also for dealing with me running around like a crazed monkey last minute.
Taylor, Kyle and Zuri for performing and being so down to earth.
and My parents for letting me host a show of my very own!

Till next week! 
-Jillian


Jessica's blog: http://heyitsjessicarae.blogspot.com
Instagram: livelovelaughshine / livelovelaughshine14

Comments

Popular Posts