Product Testing #1: Hot Huez

Hi guys!

Oops! I'm a day late! Sorry guys, I didn't have internet in my hotel room last night.. I know; how did I ever manage!? So, this week I decided to start a new series called "Product Testing". Catchy, isn't it. This first test is on the "As seen on T.V.", Hot Huez. I bought mine at Target. Hot Huez is a hair chalk that is supposed to be a simple and easy way to color strands of hair. Through this test, I looked for flaws in the product that a consumer would want to know, as well as things I liked about it. A video of me trying this product will be uploaded to my YouTube soon so keep an eye out!

Hot Huez box

First, I read the directions... They were easy to understand and simple.
Second, I tried the product... I got some chalk on my hand but it washed off easily
     - It said to take a section of hair and spray a light mist of leave in conditioner.
     - Then put the compact around it with the sponge facing up.
     - Close the compact and slide down the strand of hair. (slide over strand multiple times for better coverage and darker color.)
     - Secure with hairspray to prevent getting color on hands and clothes.
   
My hair before
What the pod of chalk looks like (with sponge) 
The different colors of chalk in their pods
My hair after
Good Aspects of this product:
1.) It's a simple and easy way to experiment with your hair and try new things.
2.) It did wash away in one shampoo like it said on the box.
3.) Works with all types of hair. (curly, straight, long, or short.)

Flaws:
1.) When I brushed my hair before my shower, some came into the brush and on my shirt -- warning.
2.) The sponge inside started curling u a little with the process of coloring-- very minor, doesn't effect my view of the product.
3.) After coloring, left the strand a little frizzy. -- Seconds later, it went back to normal. -- very minor, doesn't effect my view of the product.

Over all, I loved this product. It is an easy way to change it up and add some pops of color into your life. I do recommend Hot Huez as a product you should try.

I hope you enjoyed my first product test and if you have any other products you would like me to try, you can comment them here on my blog, or you can leave them in the comments section of the video on my YouTube channel. Come back next week for a peek of my everyday summer looks!

Till next time! - Jillian

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts