Be Positive

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for the gap of posting recently. There was a few things I had to get done. School just started and I thought it would be cool to do another motivational post seeing that it's a new school year and maybe I'll start doing these every once in a while as I learn new lessons during my life. So today, I'm going to talk about positivity. I know it's hard to take your own advice, believe me. But sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you have to know how the right way to react is. My sophomore year, I became an extremely negative person and I noticed it. I wanted to change that. Summer was basically a detox for me. All the stress and annoying factors of school disappeared and I became such a positive person. I listened to a song by Sabrina Carpenter's EP titled "Middle of Starting Over". It inspired me to start fresh. Not necessarily get rid of everything in my past, but make a change for my future. I really recommend listening to that song. Positivity is addicting. Once you start being positive, it's hard to stop. You catch yourself. A professional sports psychologist told me that when you catch yourself being negative, that's beneficial to you because it helps you prevent it in the future. It takes three weeks to learn something new and change a habit. Positivity rubs off on people. The strength of your attitude and happiness will persuade people to be more positive as well. What's better than a happier world? Obviously there will be those people who irk you in the wrong way and I'm not saying that you have to be positive all the time. No one is perfectly happy 24/7. Positivity just helps you learn how to deal with things and it helps you understand the world.

Here are some tips I recommend for being in a Positive mood:

1. Take interest in the little things. Example of what you could tell yourself: "I'm so excited! This Friday I'm going to the movies and its supposed to rain! The rain makes me so happy."
2. Listen to "Shake It Off" by T-Swizzle and SHAKE IT OFF. If something bad happens, tell yourself "Don't worry about it. I'll do better next time. This doesn't define me. It's ok."
3. Take a break and do something you LOVE. Weather it's writing, drawing, dancing, yoga, baking, decorating, crafting or just watching your favorite movies; Do something you truly enjoy.
4. Don't stress about what you can't control. "I know my family is going to ask me about my future but I'm probably going to disappoint them... But It's my life and I believe that I can succeed in anything I work hard for. Not everyone is going to support me, but I have a huge supported that out weighs them all, myself. I'm not going to worry about it."
5. Substitute a bad thought for a good thought. "I didn't do so well on my math test today, but I get to go to the driving range after school to work on my swing."

Remember: This is your life! So do your best to enjoy it!
See you next time.
And don't forget to smile!
-Jillian

P.S. If you know the song "Shake It Off"...enjoy. : https://twitter.com/yourloveisalie/status/502281825017151488/photo/1

Most Recent Video: http://youtu.be/x2-kRnMfOs4  --- Please like and subscribe to my new channel which is accessed through this video!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts