October Vibes or October Skies?

So normally, October is full of leaves falling and crisp breezes and sweaters, tights and boots. Well that would happen in my dreams. Southern California is not the ideal spot to feel the colder weather. I love how it's "Sunny and 75" but it gets to a certain point in time where its unbearable. Here's a recap of a bunch of randomness from October.

October 3rd: Charity Golf Tournament for Rady's Children's Hospital. (That's important because it's a very important orginization and I got out of school early.)

October 5th: My dad's birthday celebration and a celebration of life: It was my dad's 59th Birthday and we had a special event for it. But unfortunetally, we had to attent a close family-friend's funeral. My dad wasn't upset that it was on his birthday because he knows that family is everything. His birthday celebration was that my mom bought tickets for her, my dad, my aunt and uncle to go see the Beach Boys! Luckily, the concert was at a hotel so my mom also got two rooms. My friend Emily came to keep me company and it was awesome because our balcony overlooked the stage! We could see the whole concert from our room!

October 10th: After golf team pictures at the cliffs, I got to go surfing with some of my friends and then we went to get some Thai food and had some good hangs.

October 11th: My friend and I went to see the One Direction movie exactly a month after seeing them in concert. After, we met my parents in their theater and watched the rest of The Judge. (a really good/sad movie.) Then we picked up some Panera for dinner.

October 14th: My cousin's birthday. After my golf match, we met our family at Dave & Busters for some good eats.

October 17th: A lot  happened.  First, my golf team and I woke up at 5am to be interviewed on our local news! Followed by a pep rally at 7am that was filmed on the news! Later after school we had our Homecoming Game! I was so suprised how much fun I had. A big group of my friends and I went and it was so much fun! Plus, one of my friends from middle school's sister (A big YouTuber) and her boyfriend (JC Caylen) sat with us at the game! It was great meeting him and I'm glad everyone had fun. That was probably the most school spirit I've ever had.

October 21st: It was my friend Jess' 17th Birthday! But it was also City Conference for golf. My whole team made it and we played 18 holes at one of the hardest courses in our city. It was an honor to be able to play and I had a lot of fun.

October 24th: Day 1 of the birthday weekend. We went up to Anaheim and had dinner at the Cheasecake Factory.

October 25th: Day 2. Birthday celebration at Disneyland!

October 26th: Day 3. Ducks hockey game! Man, there were so many fights... After the game, we picked up some In-N-Out shakes and headed home.

October 27th: My 16th Birthday!!!

October 31st: Halloween! In third period, we had a party. (Because we met her expectation on the test but also because it was Halloween.) After a long complication with my original costume idea, I had to find something super short notice. So, I became a goddess. I went to my friends house and we celebrated.

October 2014 was pretty good to me.
Tell me what you did in the comments.
Go out there and live.
Fall/Winter 2014... Make it something special.
- Jillian

Comments

Popular Posts