Sunrise Challenge + Photo Journal

So I made some new friends this weekend. They are apart of a new adventure club that's about to officially launch (and I'm about to officially join) that encourages teens and young adults to live their lives in the most fulfilling way that they possibly can and I support them 100%. This weekend, I got to tag along on one of the most epic adventures that I have ever been on. We did the Sunrise Challenge on Sunday. This is where you have 12 hours to go to 12 different stops throughout Los Angeles. And oh, by the way, it starts at sunrise. I brought my go pro along for the ride as well as my camera so I could capture some of the major parts of the day. (Video coming soon to my YouTube channel) Even though it was rainy, the weather didn't stop us! 6 girls took on this challenge and succeeded with time to spare! Here are the stops that we made:

1.) Watching the sunrise at Point Dume in Malibu

2.) 3 mile hike on the Malibu Grotto Trail

3.) Brunch at the Inn of the Seventh Ray

4.) Getty Villa

5.) Take a ride on the Santa Monica Pier Ferris Wheel

6.) Walk along the Venice Canals

7.) Museum of Jurassic Technology

8.) String of lights hallway in Little Tokyo

9.) Kyoto Gardens at the Double Tree Hotel

10.) Last Bookstore

11.) Dinner in Grand Central Market

12.) Adventure calls at Urth Cafe


Photo Journal:

Before Sunrise


The Beginning


New Day 

Grotto Hike Pit Stop

Getty Villa

Santa Monica #views

Stickers on the Venice Canals

Low Tide at the Venice Canals

Rainy Walks

Most Literate Staircase Ever

Last Bookstore


(All photos taken by Jillian Ybarra)

This was such an amazing experience and I can't wait to go on more adventures with these amazing people as well as ones I haven't even had the pleasure to meet yet.

Stay Livin'

- J


Keep up with me:
@jillianybarra/@jkyinthesky - Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts