Girls Tour

This last weekend, I was lucky enough to have my parents come up for a night to Los Angeles and my mom and I went on a lil adventure while they were here. I hadn't been able to see them for over a month so it was nice to see some familiar faces and catch up a bit. My mom let me pick a few things to do so here is the aftermath of our spontaneous adventure.

We began on Saturday night with a trip to LACMA. I had an Art essay to write which provided us with the perfect excuse to explore the museum where I happened to see a piece by my favorite artist, the Campbell's Tomato Soup Can By Andy Warhol. After walking through, we stopped by to see the "noodles".

I luv soup n Warhol

Noodles

The next day, we continued out and about in the city and walked down Melrose Ave. We stumbled upon some of the well-known murals along the way and we obviously had to stop and take photos in front of them after doing a bit of shopping at two of my favorite stores, Nasty Gal and Urban Outfitters.


Made In LA? No, I wish. But I'm here now

Words to live by

LOL Y NOT

Following the mini photoshoot, my mom and I headed to the Grove to find a place to go for lunch. Since moving into college, the only meals I've gotten to indulge myself in that weren't in the caf or on campus, were during my friend and I's trips to Disneyland. On our way over to the mall, I saw on twitter that TJMartellFamilyDay was in full swing at the Grove, featuring performances and appearances from Disney Stars. When we arrived, we saw the stage and headed over to see if I could spot my friend Candice, from Radio Disney. Turns out she was on stage with Peyton Meyer from "Girl Meets World", my favorite show on Disney Channel (who also happens to be my celebrity crush). After catching up with Candice, I snagged a couple pictures which resulted in me freaking out the entire time my mom and I were eating at the Cheesecake Factory. But I mean it's chill. 

Candice and I
Peyton Meyer and I


Gotta love adventures with my Mamá.


- Jillian


More photos: @jillianybarra (Instagram)

Comments

Popular Posts