Poem: In Love

So a friend of mine posted a clip of one of her poems on Instagram and said it was poetry day 2016. I'm not positive if it is or not but here's something I wrote recently as I started getting back to writing. I created the concept of this piece on February 26th 2016 and it's been on the note pad in my phone ever since. I wanted to finally just finish it and just push it aside, so I did. It's not the best thing I've ever written but it was a very important concept to me back then. Here it is and I decided to call it "In Love".
(Written October 3rd, 2016)

I think you're in love
The way you look at me like we're the only two people in the room
The way you hold me whenever the chance arises
The way you display your kindest words to me

I hope you're in love
I hope when you look at me, you can't help but show your widest grin
I hope when you're around me, you can't help but feel some kind of unspeakable joy
I hope when things get rough and you need to run, you run to me

Because that's how I feel about you

Damn

I think I'm in love



- J

Comments

Popular Posts