Self Care

One of my greatest mentors was talking to my friends and I about self care. She asked us three questions. This week, I had already been thinking about this subject and it's importance in our lives so I could really connect this conversation to current events in my life. Here are the three questions that she asked.

One: How can I apply self care to my life?

Two: What does self care look like in my life?

Three: What do I have to say no to to get that self care?

Here are my answers.

One: Recently, I've tried really hard to care for myself and my well-being due to the fact that I've discovered how important and necessary self care and health is to live the best life possible. This has been the hardest phase of my life so far and finding coping mechanisms and ways to demolish stress has gotten extremely difficult. Fortunately, I have found a few new ways to help me within my current situation. Exploring new places, meeting new faces and finding genuine souls to have genuine conversations with.

Two: My goal is to find happiness wherever I am. Somedays it's harder than others to find it in my current mental state or physical setting. But once I started to fix my mindset, I got back into writing which is honestly one of the best ways for me to purify and analyze my mind. It also helps me remind myself how important self care is. Little adventures help clear my mind as well as exploring new music, sleeping and trying my best to put myself in an environment that I can count on to make me genuinely happy.

Three: I honestly don't see myself having many addictions but I need to be able to say no to needing other people. Being so dependent on others is an unhealthy habit to have and that's one of the main things that I suffer with as a human being.

It's taken me longer than I hoped it would for me to start finding ways to improve my mental health and self care. I'm still working on it and it won't come with instant results. Happiness and health takes time but I know hoe important it is that I will keep working for it until I've achieved my goal.

Please take care of yourself.

- J

Comments

Popular Posts