Muse in the Music: The 1975

Y'all know how much I love going to concerts. Well, this last one I went to was like no other show I've ever been to before.

I was blessed to see The 1975 at the Forum last night and it was magical.

I was completely moved by the music. It took me on a level I hadn't been to before and I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to finally see them after years of being a fan.

I'm constantly inspired by music wether it's to write about it, absorb myself in it, or try and create it. This time, I was inspired to continue to get lost in the music and the sound whenever I can. (Also, to write about it but getting lost in it comes first) During the show, Matty played almost like a remix of some of their songs with a keyboard and synthesizer. It sounded incredible and adding his creative flare made it even better to witness. Plus, John Waugh, the "sideman" saxophone player for the 1975, killed it during multiple songs throughout the show.

A good song is timeless and this band has thrown away the clock. (Hopefully that made a little bit of sense. Sorry, I tried to be clever.)

I'm a little bit absorbed by their music right now. It's currently 1:16 in the morning and I have my 1975 playlist on. The song playing at the moment is "Somebody Else" and I really should sleep.

Ok, goodnight.


First Time at the Forum

Lost

- J



Instagram: @jillianybarra

Comments

Popular Posts