A Year

A year ago today, I was enjoying the end of summer before my senior year of high school. A year ago today, I was at a concert with two of my good friends. Today I am finishing up getting everything ready to put the finishing touches on my dorm room and in two days, I leave my hometown to go to orientation.

I'm going to college.

So much has changed in my life. Friends, family, love, experiences, knowledge and more. I'm different now. It's scary to admit. I can't imagine what could possibly happen in the next year but I'm curious to find out. I know it will only lead me to become stronger than I am now.

A lot can happen in such a short amount of time. I'm currently 17. So much has happened in 1/17 of my life. Imagine all the stories we'll be able to tell in another year.

1/18.

It's almost here. I can feel time slipping through my fingers as the first semester of college is only three and a half months. The fact that so many things can alter in such a short amount of time is crazy to me. Just think about it. In a year from today, you could be on the other side of the world, you could have your own company, or you could even move out of your house for the first time. Did you think that this day would've came so soon? I know I definitely didn't.

I'll try to always live in the moment but I'm excited to see what happens in 1/18.

Ahhh so exciting.

- Jillian

A year ago today when I met my favorite band with two of my friends, stood front row at their show in LA, got a drumstick personally from the drummer and was filmed for their concert movie. What. A. Day. What. A. Story.

Instagram: @jillianybarra/@jkyinthesky

Comments

Popular Posts