Best Friends

I look back on the past maybe six years of my life and I remember having best friends. People to always hang out with and talk to. People that wouldn't leave you in the dark. Around January, I started feeling like I didn't really have much of a best friend.

I was kinda close with a few people but it didn't feel like a mutual best friend-type-ship. Now, I'm at that point where I don't really have many close friends. I have one person in my life besides my mom that I consider my "best friend" and we're about to go off to college. Every day this summer, we've planned on hanging out when we didn't have things that we needed to do like traveling, work or family gatherings. Every other day, you would find us hanging out. It was like this all summer. I have to admit that I'm scared that I won't find a best friend again. I love my best friend and I'd rather him not go anywhere but since I don't want to hold him back from the bright future I know is in his reach, I know that he's more than capable of catching eyes of new possible people looking for friendships where ever he is.

I just hope he doesn't totally forget about me. I'll still need him.

What I think of when I think about what a best friend is:
Having similarities and differences so you can experience fun things with someone else, but also experience new things because of someone else.
Understanding each other's humor and making each other laugh.
Being there for the other person when they need it and them being the only person you feel like cares enough to talk to about your problems.
Always is down to hang out with you when they're free because they know it'll be fun no matter what you end up doing.
Every once in a while you two do something dumb. That's what best friends do.
Will binge watch Netflix with you when you want to do something but are too lazy to go outside.
Walks into your house and makes a sandwich
Someone who won't judge you, but may laugh, when you do something random that you don't do in front of anybody else.
Someone you can jam with to any type of music anywhere (maybe even dance in public).
Someone that boosts your mood, that doesn't try and kill it.
Someone you can be 100% you with and not apologize for it.

I hope I've become better at building stronger friendships and I hope throughout this new journey, I'll possibly make another best friend.

Wish me luck.

- Jillian

P.S. I like writing what I'm feeling which is what all my posts tend to be, especially recently. I have no idea who is reading but thank you if you've made it this far.

Comments

Popular Posts